Public Meeting and Screening of Take Back Your Power
What ComEd & Politicians Are Not Telling Us: “Smart Meters” are wireless, digital meters (computers) that transmit your electric usage data all day long. In Illinois, ComEd is accelerating the deployment of Smart Meters while the largest Massachusetts electric utility declares Smart Meters as “Irrational.” http://
- Current, Analog Meters are electro timers. They have been safely used for decades. They still work.
- Smart meters emit radio frequency waves (RF) all day long. Some people have physical reactions to this.
- Smart meters cause “dirty electricity,” which runs through all the wires in the house 24/7 and fills the house with electromagnetic fields (EMFs). Some people have physical reactions to this.
- Smart meters do not improve grid reliability and provide little, if any benefits to the customer (you).
- We found no studies proving smart meters to be safe while plenty of data exists (health, fires, privacy) to raise credible doubts.
- There is no cost justification that can support the implementation of smart meters.
ComEd’s Smart Meter Roll-out Will Affect Customers Throughout Illinois, including Downers Grove, Elmhurst, Glen Ellyn, Lisle, Lombard, Oak Brook, Warrenville, Westmont, West Chicago and Wheaton.
**Please, bring your electric bill (including account number) with you.
When: Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Doors open: 6:30 pm, film at 6:45 pm, Q&A session to follow
Cost: Free (donations gratefully accepted). DVD’s will be available for purchase ($20)
Invite everyone, because this affects everyone.